Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 16 December 2004

Croydon torturer (of gay man) convicted at Old Bailey

I am pleased to read in gay.com that Michael Danells, 36, has been convicted of the brutal torture and murder of gay man Peter Greenfield last April and, rightly, faces a life sentence.

When I wrote about this case last week I remarked that I had read NOTHING about this monstrous crime in any of the mainstream media (written or broadcast). So far today I have heard NOTHING else about it, either on BBC News 24, or anywhere else. Very, very curious indeed, even with all the other major stories today which have been given prominence. I have written asking for clarification to the London News section of the BBC (link through their website here) and will be very interested to hear what they have to say; If I have missed an earlier report on the BBC website, I apologise to them.

If anyone else reading this can throw light on why this story seems to have been largely ignored, except in the gay or very local media, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.