Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 27 September 2004

Morbid aspects of an online presence

What happens to one's online presence after death? I had never really given this any thought before, but this discussion, morbid as it is, seems to cover a lot of ground relating to this. My own registered domains (of which I have two) are registered for the maximum 10 years, although the associated hosting arrangements are renewed every year. However, blogs such as those on 'blogger' are proxy accounts so I assume they will continue long after whoever wrote them has turned into dust. And in any case, once I'm gone what happens to my online 'pearls of wisdom' is of vanishingly little interest to me, so I don't think I'll dwell on this subject any longer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.