Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 12 August 2004

I'm back ...

... and happily the 'family matters' I referred to in my last entry seem so far to have proceeded successfully. My mother, who is now quite elderly and somewhat frail, had to go into hospital for what is in theory a minor operation, but as her heart is not strong any operation involving anaesthetics carries some risk. In any case, the result so far is very positive and she says the constant pain she suffered hitherto has reduced considerably; the full effects will only become apparent after a couple of weeks, according to the consultant, but so far it is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.