Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 29 July 2004

New 'Links' section added - Aggregator Sites

I have added a new 'Links' section in my right-hand column, where I plan to include links to websites that aggregate recent posts to blogs that have submitted their URLs. This kind of website is very useful as it brings to my attention blogs which I might never have come across otherwise. If your own blog meets the criteria for any of these aggregator sites then it is simple to add it to the database, although new URLs added may not appear in the lists for some time. At present there are only two links in this section:

- The UKBlogs Aggregator is for blogs written by UK bloggers and is a good way of finding new blogs in the UK; there are a surprising number although many are of only limited interest to people outside the blogger's own circle. Nevertheless I have already identified a few which make for interesting regular visits and I doubt very much if I would have found them any other way;

- QueerFilter is, as the name suggests, a blog aggregator for gay and lesbian bloggers worldwide, although as the filter also suggests it is easy to filter the results to show only those which meet a number of criteria (country of blogger, gender, etc). A very useful and flexible resource.

I'll be adding further links in this section if I come across useful ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.