Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 24 May 2004

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Weeks 37 to 49

I have now been on 'Lifetime Maintenance' for a little over three months. My weight on Sunday 23rd May was 63.4 Kg (139.8 Lb), a reduction of only 1.3 Kg (2.9 Lb) since 22nd February, when I last blogged here about this. My overall weight loss since I started this WOE on 15th June 2003 is 34.6 Kg (76.3 Lb) - that is almost 5 1/2 stones!! Measurement indicators for the last 13 weeks:
- waist down a further 0.7 inches to 30.2 inches (total reduction 14.8 inches);
- hips down 0.5 inches to 37.5 inches (total reduction 11.0 inches);
- thighs down 0.3 inches to 21.4 inches (total reduction 7.1 inches)

I'll write here again briefly about my 'Atkins' experiences after another 3 months or so (probably at the beginning/middle of September 2004). Meantime my aim is to keep my weight more or less as it is now. I consider myself very fortunate to have discovered the 'Atkins' method of tackling the perennial weight problems I have experienced for most of my life - I enjoy this way of eating and it is very easy to maintain, although I have no plans to allow complacency to creep in over coming months. I'll accept I have succeeded only if I can maintain my weight roughly as it is now for at least the next five years.

You can read more, if you wish, by clicking here; this will take you to my latest report. Or click on the permanent link under 'Atkins Online Journal' in the column to the right, to read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.