Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 3 February 2004

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Weeks 30, 31, 32 and 33

I continue on 'Pre-maintenance' (PRM), the 3rd stage of this 'way of eating' (WOE), since 10th December and am now probably only two or three weeks away from reaching my target weight. I have slowed down my weight loss slightly more than when I last wrote here about this subject (on 5th January) so that over the past 4 weeks I lost a further 1.4kg (3.1lb), and for direct comparison with the previous time, over the past 3 weeks the loss was 0.9kg (2.0lb). During one of the weeks I lost almost nothing (around 0.1kg so far as I could measure it) so I cut back my daily carb intake a little from 47g to 45g for a week and seem to have regained momentum thereby. I am now pretty certain that my final CCLM ('Critical Carbohydrate Level for Maintenance') will be 47g or 48g carb a day - although as I have begun to take more exercise in the past four months - mainly light jogging - I suspect I may be able to push this to aroung 50g carb a day longer term. My weight is now (as at Sunday 1st February) 65.6kg, a reduction of 32.4kg since I began (or 71.4lb) - I now have 0.6kg (1.4lb) to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the 4 weeks:
- waist down a further 0.7 inches to 31.0 inches (total reduction so far 14.0 inches);
- hips down 0.5 inches to 38.3 inches (total reduction so far 10.2 inches);
- thighs down 0.4 inches to 21.9 inches (total reduction so far 6.6 inches).

As I noted above that I expect soon to reach my target, I will write here again one week after the Sunday 'reference date' on which this happens - my aim is to keep my weight more or less completely stable during the week following when I reach target, to help me confirm that I have correctly assessed my CCLM. After that I hope not to let my weight vary by more than 1kg plus or minus. A daily intake of somewhere from 47g to 52g carb allows for a fairly varied and enjoyable diet so at this stage I anticipate little difficulty in being able to maintain this regime indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.