Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 12 November 2003

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Week 21

This was the second week since I moved from 'Induction' to 'Ongoing Weight Loss'. The result was not quite as good as the week before, although still reasonable. During the week I was on step 2 of the OWL carb ladder. I lost a further 0.5kg (1.1lb) and my weight is now (as at Sunday 9th November) 70.9kg, a reduction of 27.1kg since I began (or 59.8lb) - I now have 5.9kg (13.0lb) to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the week continue to show reasonable reductions:
- waist down a further 0.2 inches to 33.1 inches (total reduction so far 11.9 inches);
- hips down 0.3 inches to 40.2 inches (total reduction so far 8.3 inches);
- thighs down 0.1 inches to 23.1 inches (total reduction so far 5.4 inches).

On OWL step 2 (max. 30g carb a day), I have been able to eat some fresh cheese (cottage cheese and mozzarella) again - the quanitities allowed are even a little too much for me, indicating just how much my appetite has reduced. But not my feeling of well-being! Since Sunday, I have moved to step 3 (max. 35g carb a day) and I am now allowed to have small quantities of various kinds of nuts - almonds and hazelnuts so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.