Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 29 October 2003

From those nice people at Blogger / Google .... a little gift

A couple of months ago, perhaps a little more, I had an e-mail from Blogger advising me that since the firm had been acquired by Google, they were changing their policies in some respects. Where this affected me is that they advised they were abolishing charges for the level of 'blogspot' site I had been paying for. This was possible because as part of Google they were no longer so short of bandwidth and resources generally as they had sometimes been as a fledgling independent company - hence the requirement to pay for certain things beyond the basic 'blog'.

Anyway, today I received the hooded 'Blogger' sweatshirt they offered as a token of thanks for my past financial support; I assume it must have come by air and sea. It is not very often, in my experience, that companies spontaneously offer their customers something effectively for nothing, simply as a gesture of goodwill. So I thought it only appropriate to say a big 'Thankyou!' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.