Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 15 September 2003

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Week 13

A smaller reduction of only 0.7kg this past week, but I'm not grumbling. My weight is now (as at Sunday 14th September) 76.8kg, a reduction of 21.2kg since I began (or 46.7lb) - I have 11.8kg to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the week continue to show reasonable, although smaller, reductions:
- waist down a further 0.2 inches to 35.0 inches (total reduction so far 10 inches);
- hips down 0.3 inches to 42.3 inches (total reduction so far 6.2 inches);
- thighs down 0.1 inches to 23.9 inches (total reduction so far 4.6 inches).

I'm making some adjustments to my diet; basically a slight raising of my salad/vegetable intake and a reduction of my cheese intake, coupled with increased fibre intake - anyone familiar with Atkins' diet principles will understand what this is all about. I've also added some more nutrient supplements to my daily intake, at this stage vitamin B complex and vitamin E, to add to those I take already - I have recently started to study closely Atkins' book on "Vita-nutrient solutions" and although I was initially VERY sceptical of these ideas have come to believe that some parts, at least, are well worth following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.