Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 29 July 2003

Major downtime with my 'Blogger' page - seems now resolved

Last Friday, after having seemingly successfully completed a minor update to the links in the right-hand column, I noticed my blog was not loading correctly. Eventually I discovered that a large part of the HTML code for the main page appeared to have disappeared - it was just gone. I have no idea how this happened, although I suspect it has something to do with publishing problems I experienced when trying to re-publish all the archive pages to take account of the changes I had carried out.

Luckily, as I use BlogSpot Plus, I was able to lodge a problem ticket. The people at Blogger were able to restore the full template, presumably from backup files the system maintains - and this evening it seems to be working more or less OK again, although there appears now to be a minor error with an unterminated string in the HTML coding which I am attemptimg to identify and correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.