Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Sunday 18 March 2007

Bill goes on 'walkabout' to Andalucia

More precisely it'll be a 'driveabout'. Tomorrow, after taking Tara to the kennels, I shall head off down the motorway for Granada where I'll be spending a couple of nights. Obviously on my agenda is a visit to the Alhambra, a place I've wanted to see for many years.

Next on the itinerary is Jerez de la Frontera, again for a couple of nights, and I hope to visit a couple of sherry bodegas whilst I'm there. Don't you just love sherry, in all its varieties - although I favour fino mostly; probably I shall visit Sanlucar de Barrameda as well, for the Manzanilla produced in the area. This will in fact be the farthest I shall be from Mazarron during the week I'm away.

After that I shall head for Seville, where I'll be on Friday and Saturday next and where, apart from consuming tapas, I plan to visit the Alcazar and the Cathedral.

Sunday will take me to Malaga for a final night before returning home to Mazarron. Whilst there I hope to visit the Picasso Museum.

In theory all the hotels I'll be using during the week have in-room wi-fi access so I hope to blog a little during the week. If I cannot in fact get online then you won't hear more from me until a week tomorrow.

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.