Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 10 December 2004

Murder in Nairn - widow speaks out

Mrs Veronica Wilson, the widow of murdered banker Alistair Wilson, has today spoken for the first time:

"I am just still in absolute disbelief," she said.

"There was no known reason for this to happen, so I cannot even begin to understand why someone has done this, not just to my husband but to all of us - I don't even know if it is true or real.

"It would make it easier if I thought there was something in my husband's life but it just makes no sense.

"For me and the boys to move on I need to know who did this and why - I can't imagine ever moving on without knowing who and why.

"I can't believe that this person has cold bloodedly killed my husband, my children's father.

"I can't believe that they did this and that they did it on our down doorstep with all of us in the house.

"There was no reason for this to happen, but even if they had something against Al, they have taken away our home.

"For me to lose my husband in any normal circumstances would be hard, but how can you explain to my boys that their daddy has gone?"

- tragic. My most recent article (with links to earlier articles) is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.