Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 6 October 2003

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Week 16

Last week was 'better' than for some time (two months approx.) in that I lost 1.5kg (3.3lb) in the past week and my weight is now (as at Sunday 5th October) 74.0kg, a reduction of 24.0kg since I began (or 52.9lb) - and I now have only 9.0kg (19.9lb) to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the week show pretty good reductions, too:
- waist down a further 0.3 inches to 34.2 inches (total reduction so far 10.8 inches);
- hips down 0.3 inches to 41.6 inches (total reduction so far 6.9 inches);
- thighs down 0.1 inches to 23.4 inches (total reduction so far 5.1 inches).

I had planned to move on to the next stage of the Atkins diet, 'Ongoing Weight Loss', in two weeks, but as I have progressed a little faster than forecast I may move to it next Sunday (when I hope to have about 8kg or 17.7lb left to lose, assuming all goes well this week. It is important, according to the diet guidelines, to lose the final amount as slowly as possible and not to try and do it too quickly, as one might instinctively wish. This is to allow me to learn exactly what foods, and in what quantity, my body can tolerate whilst still continuing to lose weight very slowly. Accordingly, if the next week works out, I plan to lose about 9lb over the following eight weeks and the remaining 8 or 9lb (in 'Premaintenance') over the following three months - toward the end of that period I hope to be losing negligible amounts on a weekly basis - then I will know what I can eat, safely, so as not to lose or gain in future - more or less for the rest of my life. For the first time in my life I have control over my eating and appetite and it is not a gain I intend to give up lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.