Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 29 September 2003

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Weeks 14 & 15

I didn't write here about the week before last for two reasons - I have been quite busy, but I have to confess that I had become a little downhearted by the reduction in the rate of weight-loss; however, although in week 14 I recorded the lowest weekly weight-loss so far (0.3 kg, 0.6 lb), that figure itself contained the seeds of a correction in my diet, or more precisely my fibre intake (a mixture of psyllium husk powder and wheat bran in water); I referred to this in my entry a couple of weeks ago. I am pleased to say this seems to be working well and my weight-loss has resumed a more acceptable level. In week 15 I lost a further 1 kg (2.2 lb), so for the two-week period the reduction was 1.3 kg. My weight is now (as at Sunday 28th September) 75.5kg, a reduction of 22.5kg since I began (or 49.6lb) - I have 10.5kg to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the two weeks week show modest, but reasonable, reductions:
- waist down a further 0.5 inches to 34.5 inches (total reduction so far 10.5 inches);
- hips down 0.4 inches to 41.9 inches (total reduction so far 6.6 inches);
- thighs down 0.4 inches to 23.5 inches (total reduction so far 5.0 inches).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.